Our mission is to provide each child with a positive preschool experience in a Jewish setting, while promoting their social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development. We celebrate each child’s unique spirit and recognize that children develop at different rates. Because children have varied interests and strengths, we provide them with the opportunity to learn new skills and master them at their own pace.
THE TOP FIVE THINGS THAT MAKE TEMPLE SHALOM PRESCHOOL SPECIAL
1. We inspire a love of learning at every age. We find every opportunity to develop your child's language, literacy and math skills with age-appropriate and fun activities. When the time for kindergarten comes, your child will be ready!
2. We see children as strong and capable learners. Your child's interests and discoveries drive the classroom experience. Skilled educators will integrate and structure personalized learning opportunities based upon your child's passions.
3. We integrate Jewish values and traditions into our curriculum. We explore the richness of living in a multicultural world while celebrating our Jewish heritage through songs, holidays and festivals, blessings, stories, dance and exposure to the Hebrew language. There are no expectations or requirements of background, belief or practice. All are welcome.
4. We build social and emotional competency. Research shows that the development of social skills is a key predictor of future success in school and life. Our educators help children learn to express their feelings, listen to others, take turns and develop friendships.
5. We teach healthy living. Your child will participate in a childhood wellness program that creates an early awareness of healthy nutritional habits and a love of physical activity on our playground and through fitness classes developed just for young children. The program helps develop a lifelong commitment to wellness.